Team Performance Coaching
Team performance coaching aims at helping company people unleash their full potential, overcome the obstacles to success (role ambiguity, personal insecurities, conflicts, lack of motivation etc.), learn how to work together harmoniously, with the aim of increasing their performance and achieving company's objectives and vision.
You see, team spirit should neither be taken for granted nor should it be considered a commonplace. In fact, in our schools we are evaluated in terms of individual performance, while perhaps the same holds true for life accomplishments (e.g. we say “-this person has achieved this or that…” and so on). In addition, employees are hired on the basis of their individual qualifications (education, experience etc.); in other words, because they are “good” at something on their own.
Furthermore, throughout the course of our life, quite often we have not been taught how to cooperate with others in a harmonious manner (eg. in our families, school companies, previous work environments etc.).
As a result, competitiveness, antagonism and conflicts may arise at the workplace; thus, instead of having a team output greater than the sum of each member’s individual abilities (i.e. a synergistic effect: 1 + 1 = 3), sometimes the opposite occurs…
Yet, success-especially in the organizational context-is the result of collective / team work; most tasks and activities are interconnected, therefore to be properly performed, they require cooperation, a coordination of knowledge, talents, and efforts, along with a commitment to a common purpose!
• What are the team’s goals? What do we seek to accomplish? Why is that important? (vision / purpose). Inviting team members to submit their (written) ideas and suggestions.
• Delineating the key success factors / performance indicators (KPIs) -both quantitatively & qualitatively. Discussing member's input.
• Peoples’ roles, basic duties, responsibilities and priorities. Modus operandi, processes followed, and behaviors.
• Strengths and weaknesses assessment for each member (by other members anonymously) and oneself -360° degree feedback. Helping participants create their own self-improvement plan.
• Accepting individual differences and workplace diversity; emphasizing peoples’ individual talents, their complementary role and value. Team building exercises.
• Dealing with communication, emotional and interpersonal issues. Providing training in empathy, active listening skills and assertive communication.
• Handling difficult / stressful situations (demanding clients, time pressure, competition etc.); how to function in those cases -examples, applications.
• Empowering and motivating the team. Emphasizing common goals and mutual benefits. Establishing team communication opportunities and activities to be held on a regular basis.
Mode of delivery
Team Performance Coaching is delivered in weekly sessions with company personnel or/and executives, while at the same time we work along company's management on the relevant issues.